Thursday 13 September 2012

Things I WONT be making for Xmas this year

Ive been playing round with a few ideas for Xmas pressies for the ladies of the family. Between OH and myself we have lots of people to buy for and as we are almost always skint I usually end up making stuff.
Here are a couple of ideas that wont be making an appearance this year as once I made them up my Big Sisters saying 'Oh how lovely' came to mind (with me using my sarcastic voice).

I saw these lovely brooches and bag charms on a friends shop over on folksy........folksy.com/shops/polka


So I thought Id have a go.
My efforts didnt turn out so well.

Then another friend posted a link to a tutorial for some really lovely little storage bags.......
The tutorial made them look quite straightforward.........tutorial-fabric-basket.html
so I thought Id have a go.
Mine turned out not as well as expected.
So, it looks like its back to the drawing board. I can almost hear my sister and sisters in law breathing a sigh of relief! Might end up just having to make lots and lots of Chocolate Vodka instead. :o)

Anyho, will leave you with a wee pic of how last years efforts ended up. Each bag had a handmade doorstop,  shopping bag, and pincushion either in the shape of a heart or mouse. The bags are amde from hessian and the gift tags are felt leaves and red buttons for the berries





Thank You and Good Night.
Jojo







3 comments:

  1. Wow your gifts last year are so perfect, thoughtful and pretty - amazing! I think your fabric basket is just great! You are clearly a perfectionist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. just to come back to the whole blog reader question, I wondered whether you'd considered joining sites like Hellocotton and/or Better Blogger Network?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments Suki, I shall have to check them out. :o)

    ReplyDelete