Sunday 17 June 2012

This Weeks Happenings.......

For a change its been quite a busy week.
I seem to have packed quite a bit in, although working 40 hours a week does mean that I should be a bit more organised than I actually am!

OK, so we started the week with out 20th Wedding Anniversary, really cant quite believe that its been that long - where did the time go!






Garden wise, things have been a bit quiet, mainly due to the rotten weather. Weve had our first crop of lettuce this week, but most of my efforts have been centred on keeping the cats from using my front garden as the local public convenience. There seems to be one rather persistant cat who is really starting to annoy me. Dont get me wrong, I love cats, but I dont like them crapping on my garden and scrathcing up my flower bulbs in the process!!!!!


On the craft front, I got another 10 owls done this week.......


and have now got to give some thought as to how we are gonna display them on my stall. Phil has got his thinking cap on. :O)

Ive also been having a go at some crochet. I learnt over 30 years ago, but Mum only ever taught me the basic stitches, (double and treble), so I got a book and have been trying a few stitches. Im not sure what(or if) Im gonna make anything yet, but brushing up on the skill means I can add it to my repitoire.





Then on Friday it was Phils Birthday. :O) I worked Saturday morning (I dont usually if I can help it, but was so far behind with no chance of catching up next week as the part timer in the office is on her hols), we went and looked round a few 'Antique' (and I use the trem very loosely) shops. We are on the hunt for bits we can 'punk'.  As I mentioned before, as the Camera Repair industry has ground to a halt, Phil has lots of skills and spare parts that arent doing anything. He has spent a while looking into Steampunk and reckons it could be a way for him to earn a bit of a wage. Up until now hes been making prototypes and brushing up on his skills, but we are looking round for bits and bobs we can buy cheaply, punk, and then sell on Etsy (the craft version of Ebay). The main principle for Steampunk, is to start with something Victorian and then add to it.
So, we came home with a few interesting bits........

These binocluars are actually Opera glasses and they are chrome, so me being the helpful wife that I am has got the interesting task of stripping them down.......


and cleaning all the muck (and laquer) off them before Phil gets to put them back together and 'punk' them.
Its gonna take me a while, but we will hopefully they will look fabulous when weve done.


So, thats been my week, and we are off to another 'Antique/Craft' place today before I get the lovely job of  cooking a hunk of good old New Zealand Lamb for a rare Sunday Roast which I know Phil is already looking forward to.

Till next time.
Jojo
:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment