Sunday 3 March 2013

Wahoo - its Spring!!!!

The days are now noticeably longer and its not quite as cold as it was (althought the wind can still bite). We are having the odd frost, but its wonderful to see blue skies again and be able to dry the washing outside.
 Ive had my first visit to my favourite Garden Centre (we are lucky as there are three within a 15 min drive) and could have gotten very carried away. Luckily I restrained myself and came back with these.....



Isnt this primula beautiful! I have just the spot for it.


 Ive spent the afternoon tidying some of the flower beds and have put the edging stip into whats going to be my veg patch and have dug it over as well. I hadnt intended to get that done today, but I got a bit carried away, :o).

 Its not huge, but should be big enough to keep three adults in lettuce, radishes and carrots for a while. The potatoes will be in bags at the back to the left and right. So Im a bit knackered, but feel like Ive acheived something today.


Craftwise, this week, Ive cut out two more Owls, ready to start sewing. Ive got 6 to make, but have to source some more fabric as am getting low on some colours (mainly pinks and browns) - I feel a Charity Shop trawl comming on. Here are the two Ive cut out.


Ive also finished another small cross stitch design for a card.



I have finally been able to order the quilting foot I need for the quilts, I just need the batting for the second one and I can get them finished.

The pics this week have been taken with the digital camera instead of my phone, as I havent been happy with the quality for a while. Ive not picked up the camera for a while, so its taking a bit of getting used to again.

As for the rest of the week, works going well. I was on 8am - 4pm this week, the early starts werent nice, but the early finishes were. Still, dont have that again for another 4 weeks, so I can sleep in a wee bit later now.

It was the Mother In Laws Birthday on Thursday (she did like her card - phew!), so 18 of us piled in next door to help her celebrate, it was a bit rowdy, but fun - with an age range between late 70ish (Im not quite sure how old she is) and 6 months.

So all in all its been a good week. There was one blip, which had my head spinning for a day or so. I have heard since that there are a few people who have had the same thing happening to them this past week. Its to do with online friendships (virtual friends perhaps). When you make chat to someone online you dont have the usual body language signs and voice intonation signals that we rely on in every day conversation. Things can very eaily get misunderstood and this can lead to people being hurt or offended (even when this is not the intention). Both have happened to me and its not easy to deal with. I thought I had made peace with one such incident, but it came back to bite me on the b*m this week, and did upset me a bit. Its not nice, but I guess thats one of the consequences of putting yourself out there on the interweb!

Anyhoo, thats it for this week, hopefully things are great for you and yours. If you would like to leave a comment, I wont mind at all (Im not gonna beg).
Take Care and have a good week.
Jojo

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have had a productive time recently :) I too am glad spring is coming though today its very foggy here and the sun has gone in. I know what you mean about misinderstandings, I have had to step away from online relationships because it was hard to know what was happening. I am going to try and chat to some people properly via skype or something as it is really hard to know sometimes what someone really means and I have been hurt when true intentions have come out. I think some people get more emotionaly involved than others. Try not to let it get to you, I've been blogging for 4 and half years now and this has only happened to me a couple of times xx

    ReplyDelete