Sunday 9 February 2014

Trying to look for the postive

Hiya.
The last few weeks have been a bit rough and I havent really felt like blogging. I got caught in the negative thinking spiral and ended up doing what my dear old Dad called 'navel gazing', ie; feeling sorry for myself.
Ive not been doing any crafting, boxfit has now been cancelled and its been too cold and wet to get out walking. Ive been a bit fed up, sick of being skint and generally wanting to hibernate.
The decluttering challenge has been slowly moving forward (apart from the odd thing that I was getting rid of finding its way back into the house - thanks to the OH!), but the sealed pot challenge has suffered a bit of a setback. I had to break it open this weekend for next weeks busfare and things like bread, milk etc, - yep things are THAT tight!
However, I did manage to get out for a walk today and have had a serious talk to myself, so am determined to focus on the good things that are happening. Ive done it before and have managed to turn things around and get myself out of a funk and start good things happening again.
OK, the good things...........

- I have finally got my start date for my new job - 24th Feb. Ive had mixed feelings about this as I dont want to leave the place where I am now, but as its a 'temp' assignment which is coming to and end I dont have much choice.
The new job is permanent and I will finally be able to start to move forward again, so I WILL look forward to it, and its still within the same site as my current one so I will still see the colleagues that have become my friends.

- The days are starting to get longer, its no longer dark when I go out to the bus-stop at 7.15 in the morning, and its still light when I get home at 5.

-Ive got some lovely bulbs flowering in my garden already!. My tulips and daffs are coming up, but the snowdrops and dwarf irises are flowering, and they always make me smile.


Not my pics but courtesy of the interweb
So, there you have it. There are some good things happening and will be more to come.
Laters.
Jo
x

3 comments:

  1. January always seems a miserable month, but once it starts getting lighter for "going home" time, I think things start to improve. Good luck with the new job - it sounds great that you'll be able to keep in contact with old friends, but get the chance to make new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog. You know, I had another look at that image, and for some reason the cropped image had gone a funny colour before I even uploaded it to the framing website - that's why it looked greeny! (I must have pressed something without realising it!) I've now updated the image on my blog, and it looks much better! Thanks for pointing that out.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo
    Great to see you blogging again.
    As I said in my answer to your comment, don't worry about the sealed pot at the moment. Treat those £2 coins as the sealed pot instead for the moment. Good luck for starting your new job. As others have said, it's great you can stay in touch with your present colleagues.
    The days are getting longer, you must be enjoying the daylight in the mornings. I know I am.
    Set yourself a new challenge-how many different lunches can you think of....
    Keep up your positive spirit!

    Sft xx

    ReplyDelete